Sometimes even the most persistent eco-warriors feel unmotivated and tired, we feel ya! For these hard moments, we created the ultimate list of environmental quotes that will keep you inspired and help to take action. You can print the list and have it at your desk when you are doing your research or keep it saved on your phone as a reminder when you just drink your morning matcha/tea/coffee/lemon water. Share it with your friends and family to spread some awareness! And never forget: the Planet needs you and you need the Planet!
1. “Poll…tion, Ed…cation, Sol…tion. What’s missing?”
The best way to change something is to start from yourself! If you are reading while sipping your fav smoothie in a café, switch the plastic straw the waiter gave you to the bamboo one!
2. “No intelligent species would destroy their only home and planet”.
Are we becoming less and less intelligent? We live in the era of technological innovations and new genius solutions that are meant to improve our everyday life. However, when it comes to preserving our natural habitat, why it feels like we are moving backwards?
3. “Buy less. Choose well. Make it last.” - Vivienne Westwood
The fashion industry is one of the major polluting industries in the world. It is responsible for 10 percent of the carbon footprint worldwide as well as being the second biggest polluter of local freshwater.
Tempted to buy more and more on seasonal sales? Choose slow fashion instead and stay in style!
4. “Unlimited growth assumes unlimited resources and this is the genesis of Ecocide.” - Maude Barlow
According to Wikipedia, “ecocide describes attempts to criminalize human activities that violate the principles of environmental justice, such as causing extensive damage or destroying ecosystems or harming the health and well-being of species.” Would you agree that “ecocide” should constitute a new international crime and be accepted by the United Nations as such? Since we, as humans, are a part of the ecosystem and killing the humans is a crime, why killing the ecosystem is not?
5. “In nature’s economy the currency is not money, it is life”. - Vandana Shiva
Life is the most precious thing we have here on Earth. Many people would give their entire fortunes to live longer or save lives of those whom they love. Nature teaches us to never forget about the real value of everything.
6. “What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on.” - Henry David Thoreau
Taking our Planet for granted could be the biggest mistake of the humanity. We can keep building the most extraordinary or beautiful houses but if we won’t have a sustainable and safe ground, we can lose everything that we worked so hard for.
7. “The Earth is what we all have in common”. - Wendell Berry
Regardless age, race, ethnicity or religion, we are all children of Mother Earth. We all share the same home and therefore, we should all be taking care of it together.
8. “One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken”. Leo Tolstoy
When was the last time you have been to a forest to recharge and reconnect with the nature? Spending time in nature can profoundly improve your brain function, reduce stress & keep you fit! Let’s go!
9. “We are living on this Planet as if we had another one to go.” - Terri Swearingen
There is no Planet B! Keep in mind that this is our only home and when we will destroy it, there is no other place to go. Being more conscious and mindful starts with ourselves and our daily choices, such as switching from plastic to bamboo.
10. “The greatest threat to our Planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan
Taking the responsibility for our Planet is the only right thing to do. There is no other option rather than start implementing small steps that will at least decrease the Earth’s suffering. Taking care of our Planet is like taking care of our home. Would you be able to observe how your house is getting more and more destroyed, without taking any action, hoping that your neighbor will come and repair it?
11. “The climate is changing. Why aren’t you?”
Keep up and change your habits in order to help the Planet. Reduce plastic, go vegan and embrace slow fashion. New times requires new attitudes!
12. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” - Margaret Mead
If you ever in doubt as to why you are doing this and why you care so much, read this quote. Every effort counts. The Planet needs you, your enthusiasm and dedication! And you will see how much you can actually do!
13. “We don’t need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly”. - Anne Marie Bonneau
Leave your perfectionism behind. There is no better time for taking action than now. Stop overthinking and start doing!
14. “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” - Mahatma Ghandi
Sad but so true…Nature and humans are one. When we hurt the environment, we hurt our entire specie. When we care about it, we care about our future.